Living with Reverence for your Body
by Donnella Wood
Our bodies hold wisdom and by listening deeply the body can become our guide.
So many of us hunger for a different relationship with our body, one where we feel at home in our own skin and appreciate our unique physical form. We are told that our bodies hold wisdom and by listening deeply the body can become our guide.
- How do we cultivate a deeply reverent relationship with our changing physical nature?
- What does the body have to teach us about ourselves?
- Is our body to be controlled or held with respect?
- How do we learn to trust and listen to our body?
These questions have fascinated me for many years.
This fall I will be teaching an introductory Reverence for the Body class at Be Nourished. This class is a journey for those of us who want to become more trusting, knowledgeable, and appreciative of our physical nature.
- We will explore different body systems and structures to help participants develop a greater awareness of their body’s landscape, body stories, and movement.
- Movement exploration, hands-on exercises, writing, and drawing are used as a means to deepen in our understanding of our body and kinesthetic experiences.
- This class provides time for personal exploration and an opportunity to share one’s discoveries with a group. No previous movement experience is necessary to participate.
This class is valuable for individuals who want to:
- Feel more at home in their body
- Develop a more trusting and less judgmental relationship with their body
- Deepen in their understanding and appreciation of their body
- Learn how to use their body as a guide to better understand themselves
Class Information & Registration
Saturday, September 20th
10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Be Nourished
3719 N Williams Ave.
Portland, OR 97227
If would more information contact Donnella Wood at Donnella@bodywisestudio.net or 503-234-5193.
For over 18 years I have been working with individuals who want to feel more at home in their bodies and find ease in movement. I am a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist with a broad-based education in movement education, mental health, dance, and meditation. I believe in the inherent wisdom of my students and seek to teach in an integrative way that honors their unique experience and discoveries. I look forward to the opportunity to support you in feeling my at home in your skin.
“Reverence for the Body helped me become more comfortable and trusting of my body. I have begun a different relationship with my body – one based on curiosity and respect instead of one of judgement.”