Intentions for the retreat:
- Get to know each other and start to build community
- Create a safe container for the work we are about to do
- Discuss the value of embodiment
- Explore your body story through a weight-inclusive lens and a Body Trust® approach
- Strengthen communication skills
- Understand shame and how we build shame resilience
- Experience the power of group work in helping people move toward size acceptance
Sunday, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Meet and greet with dinner
Monday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Building a container for brave work
- Weight-inclusive spaces
- What is Body Trust®?
- Client panel
Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Exploring what it means to be brave
- Unpacking shame resilience
- Exploring your body story
Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Exploring self-compassion & body trust
- Practicing self-compassion and empathy
- The sacred art of listening
Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Introduction to the learning platform
- What to expect in the next six months
- Staying connected
- Closing activities
* Some meals provided
Although this retreat is part of the training, this time is for you. Throughout the retreat, we will be doing activities and guided meditations to deepen your personal practice of shame resilience and body trust®.
The Kennedy School
5736 NE 33rd Ave
Portland, OR 97211
“Bringing bravery into your work and life”