This deck of cards is designed to support your journey towards cultivating Body Trust®. Body Trust is:
- Your birthright. You were literally born with it!
- Getting out of your head and into your body.
- Rejecting the diet mentality as a way to solve the “problem” (i.e. your body).
- Turning towards your body with kindness and curiosity.
- Listening to your body and honoring the wisdom that comes from within.
- Exploring weight-neutral self-care practices.
- Allowing pleasure and satisfaction to inform and teach us as much as what we know to be “good” or “healthy”.
- Knowing that when you eat past full or don’t eat enough, your body’s hunger cues will guide you.
- Practicing self-compassion.
- Becoming acquainted with your body’s subtle and not-so-subtle cues.
- Acknowledging the amazing ways your body shows up for you every day, regardless of how you treat it.
- Moving your body in ways that connect you to sensation and joy.
- Getting out of the way, allowing your body to sort out the weight question itself.